I know sometimes it can get pretty confusing deciding which organizations you want to support. For me I start with things I am very passionate about. I'm passionate about music!!!!!!! Below are a few organizations I have either supported or plan to support in 2017 that use MUSIC to spread love
MUSIC & MEMORY℠, help people in nursing homes and other care organizations who suffer from a wide range of cognitive and physical challenges to find renewed meaning and connection in their lives through the gift of personalized music.
HUNGRY FOR MUSIC ORGANIZATION
At Hungry for Music, our most important service is putting musical instruments into hungry hands. We serve children who demonstrate a desire to learn music, as well as teachers who have students willing to learn.
At Hungry for Music, our most important service is putting musical instruments into hungry hands. We serve children who demonstrate a desire to learn music, as well as teachers who have students willing to learn. Music has the ability to heal; it soothes tension and can transform sadness and aggression into hope and creativity. Music is the prayer through which the world heals itself.
We believe that by sharing instruments and musical experiences, children who would not normally have the opportunity can experience a kind of freedom and self-discovery that is often stifled in an atmosphere of economic hardship. All of our events, benefits, instrument drives, & CD production are aimed at uplifting those lives and enriching culture at-large by supporting the availability of music education.
By delivering live, in-room performances to patients undergoing treatment or unable to leave their beds, we add a dose of joy to life in a healthcare facility.
- Volunteer to get groceries or run an errand for a senior in your neighborhood.
- Share your talent by offering to help someone learn something new – a language, how to do a budget, cook a meal or change a tire.
- Show compassion to a stranger.
- Listen to someone in need.
- Donate clothes and furniture you don’t need – there are plenty of deserving organizations that will make sure your items find a good home.
- Try to help someone before they ask
- Buy from local businesses that are supporting their communities.
- Be a good neighbor – get to know yours.
- Smile and pay a compliment to someone new today.
- Speak up for someone or something you believe in.
DID YOU KNOW??!!!!! One of the most frequented websites visited during the holiday season has an easy way to make charitable donations to really good causes. YES YES YES AMAZON.... has a program called "AmazonSmile"
- Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice.
- AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service.
- Support your charitable organization by starting your shopping at smile.amazon.com.